Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our 3-month-old 5-month-old


Summer, we've learned, is a lot like her parents: she's definitely a light sleeper. This is definitely easy to handle at night, as we all peacefully sleep in the same room. However, nap-time is a different story. I've read to keep babies in a noisy environment when they nap, as it doesn't allow them to become sensitive to noise. Well, this hasn't worked for us. In fact, it has just caused naps to be shorter, making baby crankier, and days longer. As we've learned to put presidence on the nap, we've also learned to remain still and silent while naps are occuring. The Napping House indeed.

I've learned that, although she is barely 3 months old now, she has the growth and development of a 5 month old baby. It's so exciting, but I'm wondering where my extra 2 months went! Summer's acid reflux is now under control and she hasn't had an episode of screaming acid-in-the-espophogus pain since this past weekend. Thank goodness for Zantac. We now have our sunshine happy baby back and we're enjoying every second of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment