Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This is our first Mother's Day. Last year was rough as I was awaiting the impending arrival of my precious moosh. I kept telling myself that we would really do Mother's Day up this year.

Well, the day has finally arrived and today feels like another superfluous holiday. It feels to me a fair bit presumptuous to celebrate me as a mother when I get gifts every day out of my husband and daughter with their love and kisses. It's a nice gesture to want to do something special for moms to make them feel appreciated in this quick-paced world. However, I would like to be exempt from Mother's Day on the condition that I am spoiled each day with a husband and daughter that are a little overgenerous with their love and affection.

I had a thought last night: Mother's Day is like getting a thank you card for a thank you card.^ My Gifts ^

No comments:

Post a Comment