Friday, April 22, 2011

Parenthood is so like college, but…

I never get enough sleep, but I am not writing an essay nor partying my heart out; I am up at all odd hours, but I'm not hanging out with friends nor cramming for an exam; I’m eating whatever crap that’s ready and/or available, but I have a fridge full of healthy organic foods; I’ve surpassed the Freshman 15lbs. in record time, but this time it hurts my gut and back; I’ve also picked up a cool new lingo, but this time it’s mainly coos and gahs and only one person is on it; I, to my dismay, always thought worshiping the porcelain god was an indication of a good night out, but now I lock the door and sit on the porcelain just to linger in my own aromas for a peaceful moment of silence; lastly, I’m ever so happy to finally score because the timing and mood seems right yet all is suddenly interrupted, but this time it’s not my drunk roommate stumbling in to let me know that it’s my turn for the keg stand.

I miss college and I realize it has ended, but luckily parenthood is where the real party is at.

Peace out!

-Ramis


1 comment: