Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

The first of many Happy Father's Days happened today for our little family. First, Summer gave her daddy the second night in a row of sleeping through the night. A full 8 hours of sleep she had before waking up to eat! (We're wondering if she's aware of the fact that she is, in fact, 5 1/2 weeks old and not 5 1/2 months old. But, we're not ones to let her know.) We all woke up together and while mommy was making everyone breakfast, daddy and Summer played some games and practiced some neck exercises in her Bumbo seat! Everyone had fun! During breakfast, Daddy got his presents. He got a card from Summer with a recording of her singing to him and telling him thanks for being my daddy. Then, we were off on our adventure to Santa Cruz. Summer was awake almost the whole day, soaking in the sun and enjoying the fresh sea breeze. We had lunch together, enjoyed the views of Natural Bridges, went for a long walk down West Cliff, strolled down Pacific Avenue, and then headed home. And, what better way to end Father's Day than with a bath with daddy (or any day for that matter)?

A note from mommy: There is no man alive I could imagine being a stronger, more loving father to my child than Ramis. A woman once told me that it would be a shame not to give this man children and I used to think she was very presumptuous by saying that. However, her words were wise beyond anyone's knowledge. I see my husband as a man made out of pure love and until now it was only something that I saw between myself and him. But, now I have the privilege of witnessing this amazing love story with another girl. It truly would have been a shame not to see this man transform yet again into a creature of pure love. Summer is a product of our love and she so radiates it with every day we share with her. I am so excited that this is the first of many, many Father's Days to come in which I will reflect on this journey we have begun together. I am certain to be in awe of his accomplishments as a father, just as I am already. I hate to say it, but that dang lady was right!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, some very nice words, Lindsey. You need to take some credit too. Individually and as a couple, you two are just amazing people and I'm sure summer is going to blossum into an amazing girl just like her parents.

    ReplyDelete