Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts

Hi: Summer has been very verbal since Day #1. She chatters, babbles, and uses her sounds to communicate. We knew since she was very young that she was going to be a talker. (YAY!) So, we are very enthusiastic with our use of "HI!" with her. She adopted a southern sounding version to greet people with a "Haaaaa". However, this weekend at New Leaf market in Santa Cruz, the checker was saying hi to Summer and waving and Summer said hi and waved back!!!!!!!

Daisy: When I was pregnant, Ramis made a prediction that our baby's first word would be "Daisy" because we say it all the time. This preposterous claim was laughed off. Since then, Summer has made great strides in the speaking department. She says the word "mam mam", the Farsi word for food, and "dada" as well as "baba" (in addition to the aforementioned "Haaa"). But, we could never be sure if she was just babbling these words over and over, as she would say them just like she does with other blends. On Wednesday, Summer and I were playing on the floor with her toys and I heard her say "Daysssssssss" a few times. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and I told Ramis about it when he got home. She did it again for him! Since then, she's been repeating it here and there, usually in whisper form and occasionally with a lisp. Yesterday, however, we were in Santa Cruz leaving Wilder Ranch State Park and I started the car and in the back of the car, Summer said, "DAISY". Neither of us could believe it. OF ALL WORDS!! Now, let it be known that Summer loooooooooooves Daisy. She is totally infatuated with her. So, Ramis (aka Nostradamus) is right.

Give: Daddy will ask Summer to give over items saying to Summer, "Biggi". This weekend, Summer started to hand stuff back over when asked. Tonight, she gave Ramis her ducky in the bath, she handed over her pacifier when we were playing with it. She understands biggi and she acts on it!

Kisses: We have waited for a long time for kisses and hugs from this girl. We're working on hugs, as she learns to hide in our arms when we're goofing around, or she hangs on to my shoulder for stability when we're carrying her around. However, during our trip down to San Diego, Summer started doing kissy sounds with her mouth, imitating me. But, she did it in isolation. So, I was playing with her and kissed her right on the mouth. She thought it was like a game, so she started laughing. So, I did it again and again and it turned into a game as we got ready for bed every night. Tonight, when we were coming in from cooking in the backyard, I pursed my lips for Summer and she lurched forward at me putting her open mouth on my pursed lips. This was our kiss. Then, of course, she gave Daddy a big Summer kiss as well... always followed with a giggle.

......It's the little things.....

No comments:

Post a Comment