Sunday, October 3, 2010

3 funny food stories

1) Yesterday morning, after finishing a full breakfast, Summer gets down as Ramis and I are just beginning to eat our breakfast. As we watch her from the table, she starts rifling through her day care diaper bag pulling everything out. She finds the bag of extra foods and takes a keen interest in the applesauce. She pulls the lid off and begins dipping her finger in the applesauce. Ramis gives her a spoon so she can more easily self-feed as she's sitting quietly on the floor. She does-- and she finished the entire thing! Talk about self-initiative.

2) This morning, Summer wanted to watch me make our coffee. We set the table and began to eat. After she had eaten all of her food, she asked to try the coffee. "TRY!!" So, Ramis said, "Do you want to try Mommy's coffee?" and she nodded yes. We both warned that she wouldn't like it as I gave her a sip of my decaf coffee. She winced, as we both made an 'I told you so' comment. Then, to our surprise, she says, "MORE!" We both cracked up and told her there would be no more. She got down from her seat and began sticking her tongue out, as if disgusted with the aftertaste. She turned around and slowly said, "DE-LISH-ISS!" Looks like in more than a decade, we'll have another coffee drinker on our hands. ;)

3) As we were brushing our teeth before bed tonight, Summer requests that I put honey on her toothbrush. Confused, I remembered she was thinking about the toddler gel toothpaste that I used once last week. So, I applied a dab to her toothbrush and she rubbed it on her teeth better than I've ever seen her attempt to brush her teeth before. However, she stuck out her brush and said, "More honey." Um no, Summer, that's all you get. That teethbrushing session didn't end well, but now I know where the popularity of toothpaste comes from... although a far cry from the taste of honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment