Saturday, February 28, 2009

Man Pants

Things I have become grateful for since growing a big baby belly:

1) Men's pants - Now the only pants I can button are my men's jeans-- the ones I used to roll up and hang over my hips now serve as completely functional pants, yay!
2) Trader Joe's Lavender Salt Scrub (has saved me from the infamous itchy belly + stretch marks. I used it from month #1-- early thinking is good, ladies!)
3) Gap.com and their free shipping - Thank goodness for decent looking maternity clothes! The worse clothes fit, the worse I feel about my big belly! Gap Maternity has saved me from lots of insecurity.
4) Belly Band- it's a tube that you wear over your regular pants to hold them up. You zip up as much as possible and then slip the belly band over the rest of the pants and-- voila-- you don't have to buy maternity pants. The problem is: it's tight (duh) and not the most comfortable thing in the world. But, hey! I haven't had to buy any new work pants! Putting on pre-pregnancy pants feels pretty darn good (for the ego)!
5) Pajama pants- If I can get away with going anywhere in my Liz Lange black stretch maternity pajama pants, I will. If not, I'll try to go in my Prana yoga pants. However, if I have to change into my Gap organic cotton maternity jeans, that's OK, but I might give a little grunt.
6) People who say I look cute pregnant (and mean it)

No comments:

Post a Comment