
There are so many differences from my previous pregnancy with Summer. With Summer, I was constantly lightheaded and was very aware of the changes my body was going through. This time, I barely notice I'm pregnant. I initially took the test kinda like, "Well, let's just see what happens," as we were hoping to add to the family in the near future, but were letting the chips fall where they may. And, surprisingly, it came out positive! Skeptically, I took the test at Kaiser with the same result. Still in awe and disbelief, we showed up a few weeks later for our ultrasound and there the kid was on the screen! I was REALLY pregnant! Besides the occasional queasiness (which is common during summertime eating adventures), I really feel no different at all. Even today during my 12 week visit, I was still expecting them to say that I really wasn't
pregnant at all. But, again, I WAS! And there s/he is! So, so far, things have been mellow to say the least.We're excited about redoing Summer's room to make space for two and are working on getting Summer situated with the idea that Mommy is going to have a new baby in a few months! She is the epitome of a good big sister, so we know this is going to work out perfectly. It's almost like she was born for this role. ;) We're also getting geared up for parenting two little rugrats that will be 21 months apart. It's going to be quite the roller coaster and we can't wait to get to the top!
Stay tuned!
(Pictures: Top picture shows the baby's head on the right. Bottom picture shows her/his perfectly nice spine.)
No comments:
Post a Comment